How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32987
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a tenant who is ill, lung breathing issues since moving

Customer Question

I'm a tenant who is ill, lung breathing issues since moving into property. Had to go to doctor for lung treatments, also fractured rib from coughing. Letting agent and landlord forcing me to pay until new tenant is found. I can't open windows for fresh air as they were not cleaned as promised. Also vent fan is still broken for over a month, landlord was going to fix. Both letting agent and landlord agree that I need to move out, both have even stated in separate emails that I should be living in new build property. Landlord asked for the transcript of my emails to letting agent regarding the property and my health issues prior to signing contract. Agent and landlord agree to let me out of contract, only if I pay fees and continued rent. They agree that I have a serious health issue and this contract is a mistake. I'm forced to live here and keep paying. What rights do I have, I cough until I throw up. I'm sick, not renter remorse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

what is your question

Related UK Property Law Questions