wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a property solicitor specialising in English Property Law, mines and minerals, sporting rights and rural property.
22732369

Next question - my extension is being built partly on a

Customer Question

next question - my extension is being built partly on a party wall (garden wall only) but is not relying on the structural integrity of the party wall as it is an oak framed building that is designed to be self supporting - we have planning permission
and listed buildings consent - the plans were available to our neighbours and clearly showed the involvement of the party wall - do I still have to issue a party wall notice?
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello - the estimated wait time for the answer to this question was 8 minutes - but that was yesterday afternoon - is there a problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my extension is being built partly on a party wall (garden wall only) but is not relying on the structural integrity of the party wall as it is an oak framed building that is designed to be self supporting - we have planning permission and listed buildings consent - the plans were available to our neighbours and clearly showed the involvement of the party wall - do I still have to issue a party wall notice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I think this is fairly straightforward - yes, because this involves the use of a party wall and works which will involve it, you do need to serve a Party Wall Act notice. Best, WB