How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1734
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HiI purchased my house 22 years ago but the vendor separated off appro

Customer Question

I purchased my house 22 years ago but the vendor separated off approx. third of acre from the existing garden to keep. He then emigrated to Australia and we havent heard from him since. The land is on green belt and we have kept it in good shape. We would now like to claim this land and re-unite it with our garden. Do we have a case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When may I receive a reply to my question - posted a couple of hours ago?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Can you describe to me what work you have done to the land. Have you fenced it off and occupied it exclusively, without permission, for the whole 22 years?