How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1730
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A client of mine rents out two flats and the top floor

Customer Question

A client of mine rents out two flats and the top floor recently had a leak which damaged furniture in the lower flat. The tenants are claiming that the landlord must pay for new dining table. Is this correct?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide me a bit more information? Is this in the U.S. or in the U.K.? Also, what caused the leak....just a pipe breaking or due to some negligence of the upstairs tenant? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is in the UK. The leak was caused by a washing machine outlet blocking and overflowing in the upstairs flat.
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for responding. I'm in the U.S. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care. I will notify the moderator to re-categorize your question under UK law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's appalling! Why doesn't the. Site make it clear? I want a refund of money charged!
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 2 years ago.
The moderator will move this to UK for you. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need an answer sooner than 'within 24 hours' that is why I'm using you!

Related UK Property Law Questions