UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I am currently buying a 4 year old, architect designed

Customer Question
Hi. I am currently buying...
Hi. I am currently buying a 4 year old, architect designed property. We have the architects current PII certificate and confirmation from the ARB that he has been a member since 1997. He signed the CML certificate on completion of the property which we also have. My solicitor is holding up exchange as he wants the PII certificate from the date of the CML certificate. In that PII works on a claims made basis, so his current insurer would have to pay out, I fail to see the risk to the lender or to us. Please can you advise?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/14/2015
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
That particular clause from the CML handbook is the one causing the issue. The completion certificate was issued in 2011, when the property was finished. We have his current 2015 insurance certificate. Any claim though, would be made against current insurance not the 2011 insurance. I'm light of this, please can you confirm my interpretation is still correct and we should only need the current certificate? Many thanks.