Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My neighbour is leaning all sorts of people hints against my

Customer Question

My neighbour is leaning all sorts of people hints against my fence including trellis, wood and garden rubbish. Can I push it back onto his garden?
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Meant to write "my neighbour is leaning all sorts of things against my fence including General garden rubbish, wood, plants, trellis. Can I simply push it away from the fence. He is very intimidating and just tells me to F off or ignores me completely if try to talk to him. He has done all sorts of things all logged with local police
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay.
You could do that in principle but if it is on his land and just leaning against your fence then it might be better to ignore it. If we are honest with each other it is not really serving any useful purpose and it is just another opportunity for the situation to kick off again.
However, if you are intent there is no reason you could not do this.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo