UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

If i take a planning application to appeal can the council…

Customer Question
if i take a planning...
if i take a planning application to appeal can the council claim their costs of the appeal if i loose?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/7/2015
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 3 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help with your question today.
Parties in planning appeals and other planning proceedings normally meet their own expenses. All parties are expected to behave reasonably to support an efficient and timely process, for example in providing all the required evidence and ensuring that timetables are met. Where a party has behaved unreasonably, and this has directly caused another party to incur unnecessary or wasted expense in the appeal process, they may be subject to an award of costs.
hi alice when does an appeal be unreasonable?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.