How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10493
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an end of terrace house, I want to build a conservatory

Customer Question

Hi I live in an end of terrace house, I want to build a conservatory up to boundary, how near can I build without getting my neighbours permission . Thanks jan
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for you using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
You would need to position the wall nearest to the boundary 150mm away from the boundary so that Section 1 of Party Wall ect Act 1996 does not have to be applied.
If you were to build nearer to the boundary line, the Party Wall Act will apply.
If you are going to excavate within 3m of any of your neighbours buildings and you think that your foundations may be deeper than theirs, you will always need to serve them with a Section 6 Notice of Adjacent Excavation, regardless of how close you are to the boundary.
I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards

Related UK Property Law Questions