How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34281
Experience:  25 years exeperience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a housing i want to put my partner on tenancy

Customer Question

i live in a housing ass i want to put my partner on tenancy they are fine with it but they want to change the terms i have with them ie i pay more rent weekly so i get free rent in april/december can they do this thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unfortunately if you wish to add your partner to the tenancy this does give them the chance to alter the terms.
If you do not wish to have different terms then I am afraid you will hav e to leave the tenancy in your sole name
Please ask if you need further details