UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I am a council tenant and have

Customer Question
a private owned house next...
I am a council tenant and have a private owned house next door whose tenants cook which have to but the smells are being sent into my house invadeing my privacy rights to enjoy this property I have lived in for 36 years have complained to landlord over the last 3 years and so far he has done nothing to replace the extractor fan concerned my whole house smells revolting my council whose house I live in say they cannot help as its domestic hjave you any advice.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
5/27/2015
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.
May I ask which department you have contacted at the council please?
I wrote direct to council leader and the housing dept with all revavant copies of what is happening in March and today had a response from environment dept saying they could not help where else can I go
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Many thanks. Unfortunately I do not offer phone calls. I velieve some of my colleagues do. Would you prefer that I opt out in favour of one of my colleagues who may be prepared to offer a phone discussion instead?
No just cancel all corespondance I will find another way to carry on you may not be able to help any way nobody seems to want to please do not take any more money. But thankyou anyway H.Vincent
No problem. Sorry I was not able to assist you this time. As a general pointer, there may be grounds for a statutory nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act which you could press with the council or you could consider a claim for proivate nuisance using the county court.