Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Tenant has left property in rent house (expensive stuff including

Customer Question

Tenant has left property in rent house (expensive stuff including hot tub). Now left after end of tenancy. Tenant confirmed to letting agent that they do not want the items (i understand need to hold onto items under TORTS law), but lettings agent won't send me confirmation that tenant has said doesn't want them. Nor the emails stating that they asked him - lettings agent i think intends to take hot tub and get money themselves but I know that if tenant makes a claim later, it will be against me.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.
For the avoidance of doubt the lettings agent is your agent I assume - is that correct please?
Do you understand that the agent has an email from the tenant confirming as much?
Finally does the tenant owe you any money?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like to ocntinue with the above?