How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1730
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Alex, I have a victorian terraced house with a shared outside

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I have a victorian terraced house with a shared outside building the old toilet outside buildings, it's more on my side than my neiouboughs and in the way of where I would like to add a small extension. Next door they use there side for storing bikes, but on my side it's just an eyesore. Do I have any rights since it's mostly on my land? It's nearly falling down and becoming quite dangerous and looks terrible surely we would have to share cost to rebuild ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have been waiting some time for this. Alex is off-line at present. Do you want to wait for Alex or would you like someone else to deal with this? You say that it is mostly on your side. Is the boundary on the deeds plan therefore a dogleg? Have you approached your neighbours about this? If you were to take your half down, would you break into their half assuming that you left the dividing wall in place? I need to ascertain where the dividing wall is in relation to the boundary.

Related UK Property Law Questions