Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Alex, I have a victorian terraced house with a shared outside

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I have a victorian terraced house with a shared outside building the old toilet outside buildings, it's more on my side than my neiouboughs and in the way of where I would like to add a small extension. Next door they use there side for storing bikes, but on my side it's just an eyesore. Do I have any rights since it's mostly on my land? It's nearly falling down and becoming quite dangerous and looks terrible surely we would have to share cost to rebuild ?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have been waiting some time for this. Alex is off-line at present. Do you want to wait for Alex or would you like someone else to deal with this? You say that it is mostly on your side. Is the boundary on the deeds plan therefore a dogleg? Have you approached your neighbours about this? If you were to take your half down, would you break into their half assuming that you left the dividing wall in place? I need to ascertain where the dividing wall is in relation to the boundary.