How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years exeperience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has locked me out of my property and keeps locking

This answer was rated:

My wife has locked me out of my property and keeps locking me out of my property that I own and is in my name only - she has lived there for just under two years - what should I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
Unless she obtains an Order excluding you from the property then you are entitled to break back in whenever you wish and cannot be prevented from doing so.
The only way that you can resolve this is by obtaining an Order excluding your wife from the property - which may or may not be possible
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you