UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

I am writing regarding a pension policy which my partner of

15 years holds which he...
I am writing regarding a pension policy which my partner of 15 years holds which he wishes to put into trust for me, and to nominate me as sole beneficiary. He has completed a trust declaration form and nominated me as a trustee, and also attached letter of wishes nominating me as sole beneficiary. i have just read in notes that in the event of his deathif only one trustee is appointed, the executor of will would have to be appointed as 2nd trustee before benefit of policy can be assigned. i am the sole executor of the will, so would i have to appoint 2nd additional trustee, or should he add additional trustee to the original trust declaration form.
Thank you for your assistance.
10/16/2013
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Just to clarify, you are the sole executor and the beneficiary of the trust?

I have been appointed additional Trustee of the policy by my partner, and am the sole beneficiary.

I am the sole Executor and beneficary of his Will.

He needs to appoint another trustee now in the
trust deed. Trustee does not need to be a beneficiary but can be anyone you
trust. You will still be the sole beneficiary.

The reason is that a single beneficiary cannot
give a valid receipt and there must be to beneficiaries. It is a legal thing
going back hundreds of years.

It doesn't matter in the case of your will
because you are the only beneficiary but for the purposes of the trust, it
needs two trustees

Does that answer the question? Can I assist
further or answer any specific queries?

If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively
rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should
now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service
formally.

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.

It doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions
after rating my answer service.

Rating doesn't close the enquiry at
all even though the site may give that impression. It remains open for you to
read and ask for further clarification.

Regards.

PS Experts on here are online and off-line all day each day and
weekends so please bear with me if I do not get back to you immediately.

PS. I use voice type, voice recognition typing because I only
type with two fingers and it would take me ages. Sometimes, a computer does not
hear me correctly and you will get an incoherent word. I do try to but
sometimes they slip through. I apologise therefore if anything doesn't make
sense. It is me losing it, not you. Just ask if anything is not clear please.

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Stuart J
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor