How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find out whether a certain person has purchased residential

This answer was rated:

I need to find out whether a certain person has purchased residential property in the Cambridge Cambridgeshire area, or in the London area. If so I need to find the address of his residence. Can you tell me how to do that?

That's going to be very difficult, for what purpose do you require this information?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry to learn that it is very difficult to find this information. Why do you ask what my purpose is? I can assure you that it is nothing nefarious.


Thanks for your patience.

The Land Registry in the UK holds records of all property purchases. Any property now purchase in the UK has it’s own registered title and the owner of the it is listed thereon.

You can download registers for individual properties by searching for them here:-!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

However, there is no public facility to search by person. This basically means that you cannot require the Land Registry to search without a Court order. It would be a breach of privacy for the person that you were search for and they would potentially incur liability.

That was why I asked about your purpose. You would need a very convincing argument for a Court to make such an order and it would certainly not do so without first asking the person that you are searching about to disclose their properties first to the court under oath.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you