UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

Following on from this, I had a call yesterday from a Jason

Following on from this, I...
Following on from this, I had a call yesterday from a XXXXX XXXXX at ITRA which my flatmate answered. He said he had not received my recorded letter as he was in a different office. He did however say that there was no cooling off period as this was a transfer of deeds not a resale and that the transfer had probably already gone through. I err on the side of not believing this. Either way I had been told in my initial meeting that if I couldn't come up with the money that it wouldn't go ahead. Is what he says about no cooling off period correct?
9/24/2013
James Mather

We cannot see the iniiail question. Can you send us the link please? Thanks

I am familiar with ITRA . Have you seen this link? http://mindtimeshare.me/tag/itra/

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-property-law/804il-foolishly-haste-fear-future-signed-contract.html?al=1&utm_source=mar&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewa_bu&utm_campaign=expert_follow-up&r=emm%7Cexpert_follow-up%7C37560496%7Cln=viewa_bu
This is outside my spear of expertise. I will opt out for another expert.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
He said it was outside his expertise. I would like Thomas judge to reply as he answered my original question
senior partner
senior partner, Solicitor
Thank you for your question. I have to say that the advice you were previously given is in my view not that helpful. The Uk regulations do not apply in gibraltar which is not doubt why there is a raft of such companies setting up there or purporting to. This is almost certainly a scam. Do I assume these people cold called you?

If you paid by credit card then you might be able to get your money back but otherwise I think you will never see it again.

I have sent a letter to the company to say that I do not want to wish to proceed with the resale or deed transfer, what ever they would like to call it. Is it likely that they will try to come after me for the rest of the money? The credit card company has said that if I get no response to my letter they will pursue the initial payment.

I think there is no chance they will do anything other than hassling you , they will certainly not risk bringing legal proceedings in the uk. You might then be able to use the regulations as a defence but in any event people like that rely on trickery not the law. It is good that you used a credit card as you ought ot be able to get your money back

ITRA are on the TATOC sold callers list by the way. If you want some guidance their website is very useful if you have not looked

See here: http://www.tatoc.co.uk

Thank you for your helpful response. TATOC looks like a very useful source of help and future advice.

Well good luck getting this resolved
senior partner
senior partner, Solicitor
senior partner
senior partner
senior partner, Solicitor