How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10550
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have a 12 yard skip on my private land which has been

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a 12 yard skip on my private land which has been there for nearly 5 weeks. I have phoned over 7 times and been promised it would be collected. What are my legal rights. I told him I would get another company to collect and he told me that's theft. Regards Des


Hi Des,


Thanks for your enquiry.


I'm afraid you do have quite a battle if this Company do not willingly remove your skip. You can contact the Council as the Company should be regulated with them, but unless your Council are really helpful, they are unlikely to help unless the skip is parked on a public highway, which it is not.

Likewise, the Police are unlikely to assist as they will class it as a "civil dispute".


The only real option you have is to threaten legal action if hey do not remove it. You should either write to them giving them 7 days to remove the skip or you will take legal action against them.

If this does not work, you need to get a local Solicitor to write to them on your behalf, stipulating that they will issue Court proceedings against them if the skip is not removed forthwith.


Hopefully this will do the trick!


I am sorry there is no magical solution to your problem.


If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.


Kind Regards




Aston Lawyer and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you