How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33011
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My elderly sister can no longer manage in her house in SW Ayrshire

This answer was rated:

My elderly sister can no longer manage in her house in SW Ayrshire in
Scotland. She will be coming to live with me in England before the winter. She is worried about how to go about selling her property ASAP for the best price and has no idea where to start. She does own the property outright. Ideally she needs a solicitor/estate agent who can handle everything for her. A traditional detached house with dormer windows, with a large garden,the property is about 3 miles inland of Ballantrae. It has stunning uninterrupted views over the Glen, but it does not have central heating as such. Is there anyone that you could recommend who could help?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

An estate agent or solicitor can manage the whole process of selling your property, from valuations, to marketing, negotiating the sale price, and the financial and legal processes.

They will also provide professional advice on issues such as appropriate asking price, what type of buyer is likely to be interested in the property, and whether there is anything you can do to increase the chance of a sale. If a property is not selling, they can tell you if there are any particular issues that are putting buyers off, and can advise on what you should do to remedy them. I would suggest either of the following two companies:-

Allen & Harris, Ayr
Tel: 01292 866015

Black Hay Solicitors & Estate Agents, Ayrshire
Tel: 01292 866028

Please RATE
Thomas Judge and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you