How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  LLB (Hons) and 20 years legal experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello,My husband is doing work in the bathroom. He has to

Customer Question

My husband is doing work in the bathroom. He has to install an electric fan in zone 1.
We found a suitable fan for the zone, he knows how to install it but he is not a qualified electrician. We want to let out the house. Do we need any certificate or anything else from an electrician?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

An electrical safety certificate is not mandatory at present. However, it would be a good idea to get a certificate from a properly qualified electrician to avoid being sued if things go wrong. A gas safety certificate is a must.

Related UK Property Law Questions