UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

Letting agent asking tenant to sign prescribed information

Customer Question
after tenancy agreement has ended....
Letting agent asking tenant to sign prescribed information after tenancy agreement has ended.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
7/22/2013
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

I moved out of the property about a month ago and I am in dispute with the landlord of amounts she wants to deduct from the deposit.

The deposit is protected by the DPS and as such a dispute has been raised, however I have only recently received a request from the letting agent asking me to sign the prescribed information form without putting a date on it (presumably because they are going to pre-date it). I know from research that this prescribed information should have been provided to me when the deposit was protected back in 2009.

Do I have any grounds for legal action regarding improper following of procedures?

Thanks.

This probably isn't really my area I'm afraid if this is a question about deposit protection procedure but I'll pass this onto somebody who can help for you.

I think he's gone off now but I'm sure he will be back soon.

Will I receive a notification when I have been transferred to another expert?

I will chase him now for you

Hi - sorry to hassle you but I've still not heard anything from the other expert...

Solicitor: Rachel-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Rachel-Mod

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel

Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor