Sorry if I was not clear I was worried the question would be too long.
At my request he sellers agreed to make a statutory application prior to the sale and then assign this request to me on completion.
I agreed to pay all the sellers legal costs £395 plus the valuation costs again £395.
The lease extension was agreed prior to sale and contract redrafted to
The assignment of the lease was refused because the sellers solicitor had failed to get the the correct people to sign it on the sellers side. No one will explain why but suspect this due to it being an executors sale and confusion between executors and owners. By the way the Executors
are both partners in the sellers law firm. This is something my solicitor admitted this same firm had done 3 times before.
The flat is in a good position by the town centre in Poole, Dorset. I bought it during a trough property values that is unlikely to continue hence why I am keen to extend the lease using the current market valuation rather than wait 2 years.
The Landlord refused the application correctly on failure to correctly complete the documentation.
They have however offered to renew on an informal basis but only as if the lease had 76 years years to run rather than the current 78. I have now had to have a new valuation at a further £395 which suggests the new renewal value will be between £600 - £1,000. I suspect Landord will go for a higher figure.
I am worried that continuing the negotiations with only the goodwill of the Landlord will leave me at a disadvantage throughout the process. Alongside being seriously out of pocket.
The partner in my legal firm tells me my only claim is for breach of contract from the previous owner a very old lady in France who did nothing wrong. Something I simply will not consider. Otherwise he says I should carry on renew the lease as offered by Landord and on completion ask if the sellers solicitors to refund and difference in value. No mention of fees paid and second valuation.
My solicitor telephoned Jacon Reeves when this happened and admitted they did not seem to take it very seriously. She wrote more formally in mid-April and admits to having not received a reply hence my worry in being dependent on their goodwill.
The two sets of solicitors sit within walking distance of each other and I worry they want this to just go away. My main grievance is that they took my money and have failed to supply any service and then have simply ignored me.