How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10532
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a solicitor act for both a residents management company

Customer Question

Can a solicitor act for both a residents management company and their managing agent?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Provided there is no conflict of interest between the interests of the management company and the managing agent, there is strictly speaking no reason why a solicitor cannot act for both parties. In law, it is only where there is a conflict between the interests of two parties that a solicitor is prohibited from acting for both. So long as the interests fo the residents' management company and their managing agent are aligned, there is no difficulty with the solicitor acting for both. If you want to provide further details of a particular factual situation, I will be happy to help you further.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Related UK Property Law Questions