UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

Hi, I am a tenant and have been issued a section 21 notice…

Hi, I am a tenant...
Hi, I am a tenant and have been issued a section 21 notice well in advance of my tenancy agreement ending. I now wish to end my tenancy agreement early to enter a new one at a different property. Does the section 21 having been issued enable me to give notice early and leave? Thanks
6/17/2013
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I ama fraid that just because the Landlord has served the section 21 Notice in good time, this doesn't allow you to end the Tenancy early. The service of the section 21 Notice just means that the Landlord wants you to vacate at the end of the fixed term, and some Landlords actually serve this Notice on the first day of the Tenancy, just so they do not forget to serve it towards the end of the Tenancy!

All you can do is ask the Landlord if he would be willing to end the Tenancy earlier, but this is very much up to him, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but if I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards

AL

Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor

Okay, thankyou

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.