How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an Interim Charging Order for an unpaid loan I made

Customer Question

I have an Interim Charging Order for an unpaid loan I made and am at a loss as to which form to use for Land Registry.

The property to be charged is privately owned, jointly, by husband and wife. It is a private house.

Can you advise please.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Form for what? To register it?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the appropriate Land Registry form to register the charge against the Title.



Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

It is registered as a restriction because the property is jointly owned.

The charge is only against one person is equitable share and therefore it cannot be a legal charge. I am assuming that the charge is against one of the proprietors and not both

Use form RX1.

Here is everything you need to know

about restrictions.