UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

Hi Thomas, I have some issues with my landlord´s management

Customer Question
agency, being ignored about repairs...
Hi Thomas, I have some issues with my landlord´s management agency, being ignored about repairs in the bathroom, also the guest toilet since my move in in Feb is blocked, I have a 6months fixed term which ends on 29th of Aug., I have stopped paying rent this month, they already asking me for the rent, but still do not show any sign to finally accommodate my complaints within the property.

I want to move out earlier by a month, so I want to move out on 29th of July, how is the smartest and best way to announce this and based on what? They hold 1 1/2 months deposit anyway, and if I would pay rent until the end I probably never see anything of my deposit back.. Thanks, Tom
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/12/2013
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 4 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

YOu refer to your landlord's management agency, are they responsible for repairing the common parts of the buidling in which the property (I presume a flat) is located?

Tom

Its a 3 bedroom house located in hampshire and yes i have never met the landlord and i do not want to neither, after all, its a fully managed property.. Regarding the toilet for instance (and this important to me as I can not invite many people I have a not operating guest toilet!) I have been writing them long time ago and they come with all sort of games playing with me and basically telling me the landlord would fix it if i agree to pay 50%. That is not acceptable, it was not working from day one I have moved in, and so they havent done anything although they are fully aware about this and other issues in the upper floor bathroom, I have even replaced some of the things myself and handed over the invoice with the please to have me reembursed, nothing. but now they are asking me for the full rent, which i will not pay, the house is not in the condition to reflect the full rent and since i have been ignored all the way when it came to ask for repair I really would like to cancel this contract in the smartest possible and legally best terms to do so and move out in end of July.. Thanks, Tom

Hi

I have quick meeting now for about 20 mins.

May I answer thereafter?

Tom
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?

Hi Thomas,
I need in some part more clarification, may I email you later this evening after work please?
thanks,
Tom

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer