How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 25434
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a commercial property that is split into several areas.

This answer was rated:

I have a commercial property that is split into several areas. I have been asked to rent 1 part of the building to a client for an Indian food home delivery service. I have been advised that some of the other tenants might move out if I allow this to happen. The person that has asked me to allow the Indian to move in has guarantee that he will pay for any time that the building is empty because of the proposed Indian. Can you provide a simple agreement that is legally binding please

I am sorry, but because this site is independent and wants to maintain its integrity in providing honest, unbiased information to customers, professionals cannot represent anyone from this site or make personal referrals.

If you'd like any other information from our legal professionals, please let me know and I will search for one for you. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Wendy

Thank you for your reply

Can you advise me where to go please ?




Hi Dave,

To find a lawyer, please contact:

This is the same place where lawyers themselves go when they need to consult with an attorney.

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

I have been asked to look at this for you. I am sorry you have had to wait for a reply. Could you confirm you still require assistance with this question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Joshua,

Yes I would still like help please. I want a very basic agreement drawn up.

We are friends but I want to have it formal





Thanks. Do you rent out parts of the property under leases or under licence agreements or some other form of tenancy agreement please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They are all on short term rental agreements but they have all have been there for about 5 years. all on the ground floor.


The new tenant will be cooking Indian Food on the first floor.

My friend want me to allow them to move in as he is buying their existing property to demolish and develop so will be making a lot of money.

I have been advised the 4 properties below might decide to move out and it might be difficult to re-let them.. The Indian wants to sign a 15 year lease which is great for me unless I can't re-let..My friend says he will pay for any rent that I lose if I can't let them.

Thanks. Based on what you say you will want to consider a deed of indemnity with the individual concerned indemnifying you against loss. You will need to take care to define exactly what loss he is indemnifying you against carefully so it is both certain and clear. You will also want to ensure that the deed is witnessed by an independent adult.

Additionally you will need to remember that an indemnity is only as good as the person giving it so you will wish to consider whether to ask him to give you security for the indemnity or to purchase an insurance bond to guarantee the indemnity if he is not "good for the indemnity" himself.

The sort of document you will require is as follows though you would do best to consider retaining a solicitor to draft one for you professionally.

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 25434
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Joshua and 5 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you be interested in drawing an agreement up for a fee?


Unfortunately I am not permitted to under the terms of my agreement with this site as I am not permitted to provide actual representation of form a formal client partnership but I am flattered that you would ask. You can use the service I have pointed to towards to prepare an agreement for you and they do offer a service whereby they will review your agreement for a fee of circa £15 I think. I suspect they do not use solicitors for that sort of price though they may but the do appear to carry indemnity insurance.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Related UK Property Law Questions