How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6944
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter has moved in with me and I want to put the house

This answer was rated:

my daughter has moved in with me and I want to put the house in her name, I have a son , how can I make sure he inherits some of the property when I die

You could put the house directly into their joint names that way they will both own half of the house.If you want your daughter to be able to stay in the house beyond your death you can create a situation where you also give her the right to live there for life.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes


Yours sincerely

Michael Holly and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does this have to be sorted out via a solicitor or is it something I can do myself ?

You need to transfer the property, register the transfer at the Land Registry and prepare a trust document if you want your daughter to have the right to live there for life so I think you will need a solicitor's help on this.


Yours sincerely