UK Property Law

Get UK Property Law Questions Answered by Experts

UK Property Law

My neighbour is building up to his boundary and my fence which

means I cannot access it...
My neighbour is building up to his boundary and my fence which means I cannot access it from his side for maintenace I have not been advised of his intentions nor have I heard anything from the planning people that is if he has applied for planning permission what can I do!
4/26/2013
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate

INC :

Hi, have you contacted the local planning department?

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Has the property been previously extended

INC :

INC :

Customer:

no the property has never been extended. What I need to know is have I a right of access to maintain my fence and should I have been advised about the changes if planning application had been sumitted

INC :

Hi, it seems that there has been a problem with the chat facility.

INC :

In response to your question, yes you do have a right to access your land for the purpose of repair and maintenance under the access to neighbouring land act.

INC :

If the neighbours refuse access, you will need to make an application to Court.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Many thanks.

INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
INC
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate