How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

URGENT QUERY: UK Property Law - witness statement question Hi,

This answer was rated:

URGENT QUERY: UK Property Law - witness statement question

Hi, can you help me ASAP please? My ex-tenant is disputing the damage I am claiming that she has done. I need to get witness statements from various parties to verify the before and after state of the property before and after her tenancy to go with the pictures I have. Can you please advise me what these statements are called please? I don't think they are Affidavit as they are not being witnessed by public notary, but at the same time I need them to be treated with evidence if need be in the dispute. Please advice. Many thanks T


Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.


Hi, From the information you have provided, it seems that you require Statutory Declarations from various parties evidencing the state of repair of the property at certain periods of time.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards

Customer: Hi, but doesn't statutory declaration require the document to be witnessed and signed by a notary public? I need to write a document that would act like a witness statement - in the sense that it will be taken seriously, has the same weight and stature as any legal document but doesn't need to be witnessed or signed by legal professional. That it is a true statement as that person was aware and witnessed at that time. Please clarify further. Many thanx. Best regards T

Hi, a statutory declaration needs to be witnessed by a solicitor


Is there a particular reason why it cannot be witnessed by a legal profrssional?


costs and getting 5 people to see the same solicitor in one day to get their statement witness is something timewise I can't do as they are up in the Midlands and I am in London.

INC and 2 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you