How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My appartment is one of two in a detached building. At the

This answer was rated:

My appartment is one of two in a detached building. At the back of the building are three garages, one of which I own and the other two belong to people who live in nearby houses. For the sake of privacy, is there any way of forcing the sale of the other two garages to me and the other appartment-owner in our building? Similarly, could I block the sale of a garage to a hostile neighbour?

Thanks for your patience.

There is no basis for an action like either of the ones you mentioned. The garages are separate legal titles registered to other peoples, they can sell the legal titles to whoever they like.

It’s extremely difficult to see how you would be able to claim a Right of Privacy under the Human Rights act for someone accessing their own land by exercising what I assume is a legal right of way over your land.

It’s not that the Human Rights Act is there for and even if there were any kind of appreciable basis of claim under the act (which there isn’t unfortunately) the costs of such an action would be very large indeed, including the costs for the other side if you lost (which you would).

Sorry it could not be better news.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,