How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father recently passed away.While going through is belongings,i

This answer was rated:

My father recently passed away.While going through is belongings,i came across an old document relating to a property my parents once lived in.The document as the title This legal charge.Part of the document says that a sum of £90 representing the principal money secured by the within written legal charge together with all interests and costs the payment having been made by the within named Mr.Raymond Smart(my father).The property no longer excists but the land where the house once stood is just derelict land.What i want to know is does the land in question where the house once stood belong to our family. Thank You.

Have you found Land Registry Official Copies which note your father as the registered propreitor of the land?

Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Property Law Questions