How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 22620
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

does a lifetime property protection trust protect against a

Resolved Question:

does a lifetime property protection trust protect against a local council use the value of the property in the trust to pay for long time care?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my wife and i have started to have set up a ,

'lifetime property protection trust' with 'collective legal solutions' who assure us that because we are in good health and likely to remain so for the forseeable future that we are protected against our local authoriy having any claim on our house which is put into .the trust

Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 years ago.

I have heard of these schemes before.

Often the co want money to set it up and the directors of the company become trustees!

If the trust is set up to avoid care fees, then no trust will avoid it. It really is as simple as that.


The trustees would have to prove that the trust was done for another reason. What is the reason for setting up the trust? Avoiding care fees perchance?


If it was so easy everyone would do it


Please rate my answer and I will follow up any points you raise for free. The thread remains open. Thanks


Stuart J and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Property Law Questions