How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have right of access to rear of our property, through next

Resolved Question:

we have right of access to rear of our property, through next doors path. but are prevented by neighbour blocking the path by parking two cars there
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You should write formally to your neighbour drawing his attention to your right of way and attaching copies of the registered title for your property which confirm the right of way. State that access must be reinstated immediately and if this is not done within 7 days then you shall issue proceedings for an injunction against them blocking the access way.

If he does not reinstate then you can see a local solicitor about writing a final letter before action to them confirming your intention to sue and their last opportunity to reinstate.

If they do not reinstate then you will have to issue proceedings in county court for an injunction from the Court. A solicitor would be able to do this fairly cheaply, or you can attempt it yourself by contacting the local county court and asking for them to refer you to the correct forms.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you