How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a certificate of appointment for our daughter in law

This answer was rated:

We have a certificate of appointment for our daughter in law who lives in Canada. She is in the process of establishing her title to her deceased husband's property in the UK. The Land Registry require the said certificate to be resealed in England and Wales. Can you advise please how this can be done?
Philip & Sylvia Hague.

Good afternoong Philip and Sylvia,


Thanks for your question.


This means that you will have to go and see someone who is a Notary Public. These are usually solicitors. It means they are qualified to authenticate and attest documents that are used internationally so that one country may rely on them when they have originated in another country.


You can find notary publics in your area by using the following site:-


They will be able to help you have the document sealed


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We have contacted a Notary Public and have been told that we should see our own soicitior because he cannot do it.

Our own solicitor is in the process of dealing with this matter.

Further comments would be welcome.

Related UK Property Law Questions