How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7612
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is the company Greenges a recognise law company in Malaga.

Resolved Question:

Is the company Greenges a recognise law company in Malaga. The address given is APT.Correos 528.29640. Fuengirola. Malago. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Did you initiate the contact?

What was it regarding?


Do you have the name of a person in the firm claiming to be a solicitor/attorney?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This company telephoned me. We were scammed by a company Re Claim. to the sum of £10,000. This company Greenges say they are trying to get this sorted out for us, hopefully to get some of our money back. There have been so many phone from so called companies in Spain take money from, therefor we are making sure this Greenges are genuine.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


There don't actually claim to be a practice of solicitors. They are a claims handling company who will then put you in touch with their solicitors. The handling fee of £850.00 is quite steep though and while there is nothing to suggest that they are not genuine you can probably get yourself a better deal elsewhere.


Abogados is the Spanish word for lawyers. There is a national bar association of abogados called Consejo General de la Abogacía Española ( a regional bar association called Colegios de Abogados where all abogados have to be registered. The national association will be able to refer you to the appropriate regional association where your claim is to be issued.


If you decide to proceed with the above company then you can check the details of the solicitors they use by contacting the above associations to verify their credentials.

Personally I would just instruct a solicitor directly by finding them throught the associations.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Further your information, the lawyer with this company Greenges is Jose Lara Cabello. Registered is Calegio de Malaga- lic no. 5696. Thank you
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

As I have said above you have to ask which of the regional bar associations he is registered with and then check independently with the association to verify that he is an abogados.

Really though, I would still think it cheaper to instruct a solicitor directly rather than through a claims company.

Please click accept.



Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Property Law Questions