Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello Sir/Madam I would love to live in Britain and my sister

Hello Sir/Madam
I would love to live in Britain and my sister and her family are british citizens, while me and my family are Egyptian citizens. I am wondering that if I buy a property in the UK would this entitle me to receive an indefinite leave status or not?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thomas :

Thomas :

I'm afraid that owning property in the UK does entitle a person to be eligible to apply for ILR on this basis alone, nor does it entitle a person to any kind of long term visa status.

Thomas :

If you wish to stay here on a long term basis then you would normally apply under one of the points-based systems for a workers visa, but I'm afraid the recently imposed cap on Tier 1/Tier 1 applicants was reached in December and no new applicaitons are being accepted until further notice.

Thomas :

You should check the UKBA website to see if in principle you are eligible to apply for any of the points based system visas. Here is a webpage, you can reach the necessary information by linking at the bottom of the page

Thomas :

If you think you do in principle meet the eligibility criteria then I would check the UKBA website for news updates periodically about when the cap is to be lifted or revised.

Thomas :

Sorry it could not be better news. I'm afraid it's a very difficult time for non-eea nationals wishing to come to the UK.

Thomas :

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Thomas :

Kind regards,

Thomas :

Tom