How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will attempt to serve a section 21 and 8 notices but since

This answer was rated:

I will attempt to serve a section 21 and 8 notices but since the tenant has already left the property, and it will be hard to see her in person unless she breaks back in, can i serve the notices using recorded delivery to the last known address for her - which is included in the contract.



This is quite difficult.


Do you actually know she is now living at the other address listed in the contract?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No i don't know for sure. But i think it is her grandmother's address.

It's possible the Court might accept that, but really personal service would probably be the ideal option. Preferably by a third party (eg process server would do it for a small fee £80 or thereabouts, sometimes judges doubt landlords who claim personal service for obvious reasons.


Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you