UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I live on a private road which has seen a dispute arise between…

Customer Question
I live on a private...
I live on a private road which has seen a dispute arise between two neighbours over parking. One neighbour has now bought a very large burger van which she intends to leave to rot in one of the parking spaces in order to irritate the specific neighbour. However this is irritating all residents. There doesn't seem to be a owner of the road, so is it possible that due to this being a private road, can the residents as a whole agree a 'policy' which can means that commercial vehicles would not be parked here? If we could agree this, are we not able to then remove the vehicle removed under our 'agreed' rules?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
7/4/2010
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I am afraid that although your suggestion is quite ingenious, it would have no legal standing.

As none of you own the road, and I trust there are no restrictions in your Title Deeds prohibiting parking, there is nothing you can do to stop the naughty neighbour.

However, if the van is not taxed, you could always phone the Council, who may come and remove it.

I hope this answers your question, and if so, I would be grateful if you could press the Accept button.

Kind Regards

Andy M

Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor