UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My neighbour has sent my text messages at 10 30 last night…

Customer Question
My neighbour has sent my...
My neighbour has sent my text messages at 10:30 last night complaining that we've been on his property shining a bright light into his property and to tell us he'd complained to the police. The light in question is a low wattage security light mounted to the outside wall of our house under a car port. It isn't directly opposite his kitchen although a small amount of light does cover the kitchen window. We were cleaning the glass on our house and the light came on, we didn't go near his house let alone his property. Do we need to move the light ?
He has also erected a small fence along the boundary line without while we were on holiday and has had his driveway block paved with some of that crossing the boundary line by 3 inches on our side. We've had issue with him during this year as we've got builders in erecting a single story front cloakroom and car port down the side of the house between the houses. The letters he has sent us have been of a threatening nature and have left us feeling quiet upset and angry.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Ben Solicitor, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Ben Solicitor
Ben Solicitor, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.