UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

I currently have a joint mortgage with my mum. We originally…

Customer Question
I currently have a joint...
I currently have a joint mortgage with my mum. We originally put an equal share in the house 4 years ago. A couple of years ago I decided to move abroad and took out my share of the money through a mortgage extension to do this. We currently pay the mortgage through renting the property, however I had some difficulties abroad and I had to use rental money to rectify the situation. I am now in some financial difficulty, I am unable to pay the mortgage arrears and I dont want my mum to lose the house because of my actions, so I wish to take myself off the mortgage and the deed and replace me with my brother who is in a far more stable financial situation back in the UK. He has no problem with inheriting the property as he is effectively getting a house for free, where the majority of the mortgage is paid off through rental income and there is no hassle other than finding tenants. The only added difficulty is I must do this from abroad through snail mail, email or fax as I cannot afford to return to the UK to present and sign anything in person. I can of course supply my ID, and the ID of a witness to my signature. My question is, how do i take myself off and add my brother?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.