UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

i have maintained a piece of land for 50 years can i claim…

Customer Question
i have maintained a piece...
i have maintained a piece of land for 50 years can i claim it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/22/2010
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Could you confirm whether you have fenced in this land, and incorporated it into your own garden?

Has anyone ever granted you consent to maintain the land, or have you just took it upon yourself to maintain it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Andy M

Good morning, the piece of ground in question is at the back of my house and we share a wall. no one has done anything there for at least 50 years, the owner passed away some years ago and i expect everything was left to family.I have not been given permission to maintane land as I wouldnt know who to contact. I have had to rebuild wall as it was falling down into my garden, and also get the trees cut as they grew so tall that I got no sunlight through. also there would be no access only through my property, so I cannot see that land would be any good to anyone else only myself

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Are you saying there is a wall between your garden and the land you are maintaining?

Thanks

Andy M

hello again, yes there is a wall, it was about 5 feet tall at one stage but over the years it has fell down and i have been rebuilding it, it as actually started to fall down again in some places, the land in question is elavated up from my garden so to stop stray dogs and obviously strangers coming in i also put up small fence on top of wall
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.