UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My fixed term tenancy agreement came to an end in July 09 but…

Customer Question
My fixed term tenancy agreement...
My fixed term tenancy agreement came to an end in July 09 but I didn't receive the agents letter advising me that I am now on a Periodic Tenancy and as such any notice to terminate must expire at the end of each tenancy period. I have now secured a new tenancy elsewhere and gave my notice assuming I could still give a calendar month's notice at anytime. The agent is now insisting I pay rent to the end of the following tenancy period. Should I have been required to sign something to say I had received the letter advising me of the change to my tenancy?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
6/15/2010
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.