UK Property Law

Get UK property law questions answered by Experts

My husband left me in March 2007. In 2008 he signed over the…

Customer Question
My husband left me in...
My husband left me in March 2007. In 2008 he signed over the marital home to me and the title deeds were transferred into my name and I took a mortgage out in my name which I have been paying since September 2008. He didn't want any monies and didn't want anything from the property. We had increased out mortgage by £20,000 to buy him a truck a month before he left and he was satisfied with keeping that.

Over 3 years later he has now contacted me to say he would now like me to give him some money and some property he left here, tools etc. Does he have any rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Property Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

how long were you married and are there any children involved

how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

how much did you pay him in 2008

claire

We were together 20 years and have been married 14 years (we're not divorced yet) and have been separated 3 years and 3 months. The house is worth around £130,000 and I took over the mortgage of £70,000. He didn't want any money in 2008 when he signed the house over, he wanted to relinquish the responsibility. No children involved (I have a 24 year old daughter from a previous marriage).
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.