Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am a tenant,i have maintained and used the land and buildings

Customer Question

I am a tenant,i have maintained and used the land and buildings ajacent to the property i rent for the past 15 years .my landlord (who also ownes the adjacent land) has recently applied and got outline planning consent on this land and buildings.I have not cotested this for not wanting to upset my landlord .however he seems intent on developement which would reduce my occupied and rented area by two thirds with no rent adjustment
Question..what are the criteria if i wished to claim adopted ownership of the land i have occupied gardened and maintained for the past 15 years?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a tenancy agreement or a lease please?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a tenancy agreement for the house and garden that i occupy,which includes a shared right of access accross the adjacent land that i have maintained and gardened
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 years ago.
Are you are a protected tenant or assured tenant? i.e. do you have security of tenure. On what basis can the landlord evict you?

Is the extent of the land you are renting clearly defined in your tenancy agreement?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Joshua ,bear with me i must find my tenancy agreemennt .i will be in touch asasp
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 years ago.
No problem; just to let you know these threads tend to automatically close after a certain period - normally 24-48 hours.

I wait to hear from you further.