How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my Official copy of register title. This mentions the

Resolved Question:

I have my Official copy of register title. This mentions the title holder. Do I just write to them and say that I need to increase the lease or even purchase the Freehold?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


Yes, you should write to the freehold owner/your landlord, The proprietorship register should list an address for service for them, write to them there.


Note that if you do extend the term of your lease you will require the consent of your mortgagee (if you have a mortgage), they may charge a fee (£200.00 all in) and will require you to enter a deed of substituted security so that their charge is registered against your lease post-extension.


I hope this helps if so please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,




Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you