How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle 73 Your Own Question
legal eagle 73
legal eagle 73, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  10 year qualified solicitor; LLB; member of STEP and Probate Section
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
legal eagle 73 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & i have joint ownership of our home, we want to

This answer was rated:

My husband & i have joint ownership of our home, we want to make mirror wills, & change our ownership to tenants in common to protect our daughter who still lives at home ( age 42 ) we have another daughter with her own home.

Is this a long, drawn out, expensive thing to do?

hi there


do you want to ensure that your daughter can live in your house after one of you has died?


if so, then you will need to have wills drawn up with a trust incorporated in them giving your daughter a life interest. Prices will vary for the cost of making Wills in this way. But the cost is likely to be a few hundred pounds.


You should consult a Solicitor who specialisms in Wills and Probate. When you telephone a firm to make an appointment you can ask whether the firm has a separate Wills and Probate Department. Alternatively you can go onto the Law Society website to find a specialist solicitor in your area.


Please click on the green accept button if you believe i have answered your Q



legal eagle 73 and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Property Law Questions