qwasert
qwasert, Plumber
Experience:  Condensing and Combi Boilers
7115410

My luna 380HT is not delivering hot water to my bathroom

my luna 380HT is not delivering hot water to my bathroom sink anymore, tub and kitchen faucet are okay
JA: How long have you been dealing with this sink issue?
Customer: 1 month
JA: How long has this been going on with your sink? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried raising hot water temperature, replace bathroom faucet regulator still no hot water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it seems the unit is not reading the amount of flow from bath faucet to send hot water, the green light indicators flickers and goes off, it used to stay solid

Hi, My name is Ben. I will do my best to help you with your issue today. Please do not rate the service until you are satisfied with the information you have received. There are additional charges for a phone call, If you do not wish for a telephone consultation, please ignore/close the pop up, it is automatically generated.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ty

You may have debris in the line for the bathroom sink or debris in the faucet. If the water flow drops below the minimum flow for the heater it cant tell if the water is flowing to heat it up.

All of the other fixtures in the house work fine and get hot water?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I cleared out bathrm sink pipes and replaced faucet regulator and the tub shower running fr the same line is fine

If you turn on the tub to hot water and run the sink also, does hot water come out of the faucet?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
without another fixture running hot water, no hot water on the sink?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Right
That lets us know that the water flow from the sink is not enough to activate the flow switch. Try removing the aerator/flow restrictor from the faucet and try it again.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Did that no change

Be some other issue with the faucet that does not allow proper flow of water.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No I think it has to do w boiler
Maybe a flow sensor

It could be the flow sensor. However, I believe its the flow to the faucet because the kitchen works fine.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Kitchen is next to boiler wall it is a short line
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Besides it all has been workin fine since 2012

The length of the pipe doesn't matter in this case, it's the flow of the water to the fixture. If you turn on the kitchen sink hot to a dribble it wont activate the boiler.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Then what is not workin in the boiler

I believe it's the flow of water to the sink that is blocked up. Not an issue with the boiler. All of the other fixtures have hot water except one. That tells us the boiler is working fine. If there was no hot water to any fixture we definitely would be diagnosing a boiler issue.

I would recommend taking the sink faucet apart and purging the lines and checking the cartridge for debris that is restricting the water flow.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Okay ty

Sure, your welcome. I'm glad I had the opportunity to assist you today. Please take a moment to Accept the Answer and Rate the Service I have provided. Bonuses are Appreciated, not Expected. After that, should you have more questions, come back to the chat and let me know. I will be happy to answer all of your follow up questions as well.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Okay