UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

Just replaced the PCB on my potterton Prima F. Boiler now…

Customer Question
Hi, just replaced the...

Hi, just replaced the PCB on my potterton Prima F. Boiler now firing up and everything is working as before but the casing of the boiler is very hot to the touch

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just since yesterday when new PCB put in.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I don't think so. Boiler wasn't firing up and new PCB fixed the problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
I assume the case was not removed to change the PCB?
no just the dropdown cover
Thank you for your help but whilst waiting for your reply I have had another look at the connections and the boiler thermostat connection to the PCB wasn't quite clicked in. Looks like the problem is sorted........I hope.
Well found!
Come back if you need me again