UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have a Baxi 310fi system, and the flame failure light is…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Baxi 310fi system, and the flame failure light is blinking. I also cannot see any visible flame ignited or trying to ignite. Need assistance troubleshooting.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For the last few hours.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There's no hot water and the heating system is not working as a result.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Been going on for a few hours. Big problem as it's cold here.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
1/4/2018
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Does it go through the full sequence back to flame failure when you reset it?
Can you clarify what you.mean by full sequence?Also, I'm in New York, and the temperatures are very cold at the moment. Not sure if that has anything to do with it as well. Would a pipe freezing halt the flame from being lit?Initially, it looks like the system ran out of water. I turned a blue knob.to fill it up/turn the bar meter to above 1.
Stat on
Fan on
Ignition (tick tick tick)
Main burner
If you have refilled the system it may have locked out so may need turning off and back on again
Check the condense line has not frozen, as this makes water back up into the boiler and prevents it from lighting
It is usually 3/4" and plastic
It doesn't look like there's any water in that tube.

No water in the bottom of the boiler?

Does the fan start?

I don't believe the fan is starting. There's water in the boiler. I repressureized it as it was showing 0 on the bar.
If the fan is not starting then it is a complete shut down.
Have you reset the boiler since topping it up?
By reset the boiler, you mean turning the knob to "R"?
for a couple if seconds and then back to on
Yeah I've done that multiple times
Ok, the fan need to run first.
Can you take the case off and check voltage to the fan?