UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I live in a flat with a heat exchanger, supplied by a

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a flat with a heat exchanger, supplied by a communal boiler, the radiators heat ok, however water running from the hot taps is often cold and doesn't come to temperature

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Been getting worse for a couple of months and the problem is most evident at this time of day and seems to self adjust later in the day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Unlikely

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will contact the building management company but as i am the lease holder on my flat they will probably tell me I have to arrange maintenance if problem is within the flat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 day by:
12/31/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Do you store your own water in a cylinder or is it stored centrally and piped to you?
There is no water tank inside the flat just a mains stopcock and a metred heat exchanger fed from a communal boiler
The hot water is fed direct through a meter?